Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Mr. and Mrs. of Wake up Slow

Who are we?  Ryan and Elizabeth Rishel

What are we doing?  Starting a blog to capture and share our journey as a newly married couple.

When/Where?  Anytime, anywhere. .  .right now! :)

Why are we?  It is our digital scrapbook and our way to keep in touch with loved ones near and far.

First things first. . a little bit about ourselves!

Ryan and I met randomly when he was invited to my 20th birthday through a mutual friend. At the time, we were both currently dating someone. First impressions are everything. Although all we said was "Hello, my name is Elizabeth. . My name is Ryan. . ", I told my mom the next day that I met the person that I am suppose to be with. I just didn't know how or why but I just knew. I quickly put that thought behind me because I knew it wasn't possible. . especially considering not being available. ;)
6 months later, and single, I was on the then famous MySpace. I all of a sudden saw a picture of someone that I thought looked familiar on a friend's page. I couldn't believe it. . It was Ryan. . .and single Ryan at that! (Woo hoo!!)  I immediately sent him a message re-introducing myself, crossing my fingers he would respond, let alone remember me. Many messages, text messages, and phone calls later, Ryan spent his spring break in Myrtle Beach to let us officially meet for the 2nd time. He then spent the following summer in Myrtle Beach to further our relationship.  Four years later here we are. . . Mr. and Mrs. Rishel. 

I hope you enjoy following our journey with us as much as we are going to enjoy "writing our story" as the days go by!

~ Elizabeth and Ryan ~

No comments:

Post a Comment