Monday, May 21, 2012

Preparing for TN . . . in SC. . . Whew!

What. A. Day!  An accomplished day at that!  With only 11 days left before the big move to Nashville, TN, I grabbed a Red Bull and hit the day running this morning.   So much to be done before leaving!!  What I started with and what I got done: Yay!! :)

Step 1: Social Security Office (the most dreaded)
 The last time I went to the Social Security office, it was over a 2 hour wait.  I was quite pleased and excited when I was in and out within a 30 minute period (considering there were what seemed 50 other people ahead of me) and well worth it!  It's offical. . the new name is Lauren Elizabeth Rishel!

And I got to use this for the first time:

Step 2: Run to my appointments at Coastal Carolina and HGTC to obtain my official transcripts!
Without these, I can't apply to jobs in Nashville!  Requested extra so I have them on hand when needed.  Myrtle Beach it too far of a drive. . and snail mail may take too long if I need it quickly!

Step 3: Not as important. . buuuuut. . . I was passing by. . . so I stopped. And I had time to kill before my next appointment of the day! :)
Since I made it one full week of running, I treated myself to a pair of lime green running shorts!
Step 4: Eye appointment!

I couldn't get here fast enough!  Usually I dread any type of doctor. . but today I got new glasses!!

  Last time I got a new pair was my freshman year in high school. . yes, a little sad. . but now the new pair will be here next week!!  EEEKK!  It's the little things in life sometimes! ;)

Step 5: Rush home, finish an application for a county in TN in order to get it in the mail!


Step 6: Get to the post office!  Not only did I have an application to mail, but a package to Ryan's mom!  It was full of goodies from the wedding she wanted!

Step 7: Sale wedding items!  They have taken over my Mom's home!  They need to be gone before I move. . so craigslist and ebay it was!  Already getting responses. . may be easier than what I thought!



Step 8: RELAX!  Everything had been crossed off the list. . done. . compeleted. . accomplished!  It was then time to curl up with a good book on the patio. . fall asleep here and there. . finish the book. 


Felt AMAZING to get all of these things done before I leave for TN.  Now. . . to hear about a job. . .

~Elizabeth and Ryan~

No comments:

Post a Comment