Tuesday, June 19, 2012

'Earth' without 'art' is just 'eh'

I came across the title of this post on Pinterest tonight by means of a quote.  I thought it was most fitting! After grabbing our favorite magazine, which you can find in the post here: Day of Surprises, we decided to go to two of the "calendar of events" mentioned in the magazine.

We first ventured to the American Artsian Festival in Centennial Park. WELCOME HOME! At least for me!  The creativity, talent, paintings, designs, were beyond what I thought I was going to see!  Plus, it was in a beautiful part of downtown Nashville called West End.  Here are a few pictures of this festival:

These made me smile. . almost as if they are husband and wife! 

You can't see it in the picture. . but they were 3D creations! Of course our favorite was the owl.

A very lively artist!  Very friendly and awesome to watch.  Even though he was not drawing a scene from the current festivities, he was using the backdrop of the trees and clouds to help guide him.

I couldn't decide what I liked more. . the black cat or the hot pink deer made out of paper and clear antlers!


This last picture got my very excited once I got home.  Let me explain. . .Nashville Magazine published the top 43 mobile meals. . a.k.a. food trucks. . in their opinion.  This is a trend (lasting or not lasting?) in the Nashville area with over 40 trucks currently.  They frequent designated spaces in downtown and you can often find them at Centennial Park, Elmington Park, and Nashville Farmers' Market. 

Well, just tickle me silly. . the number one food truck (and most popular) is The Grilled Cheeserie.  I did not realize this until after we took the picture and I got home to read more of the magazine.  Even though we did not eat at The Grilled Chesserie, it is a must the next time we see it!

After exploring what seemed like 100+ merchants, it was time to go to our next artist market.  We were heading towards the Porter Flea Market.  This was in another part of town that we were anxious to explore.  This is what we were greeted with approaching the market:




Pretty cool, huh?  Even though the Porter Flea Market was not in this building, it was nice to have to walk by it! Just adds to the culture of Nashville!

We finally made it to the Porter Flea Market. . where I will return!  It is a great place to buy an original or unique gift for someone.  But I have to admit, I was in awe of the creativity, the talent, and the PEOPLE!  I smiled, and yes gawked, at the amazing personalities I saw in this market.  It was an amazing experience.  Here are a few pictures (and none of the people because that would have been awkward taking it. ;)  ):



We finally made it back home to still have an entire afternoon to relax.  What to do?  Hmm. . I had to itch that creative side of me that sparked while going to the festival and market!  Time to re-create!

Our bedroom is going to follow our wedding colors. . and the reason for the colors of this blog: yellow and gray.  We have two green lamps from our bedroom in Myrtle Beach.  I don't think green is going to work with the new color scheme. . so time to make it work with a little gray spray paint, painters tape, and yellow paint.  Here is what I came up with:

Before: (I forgot to take a picture of the lamp before I put the painter's tape on!)


After:


Well, it was an overall successful weekend!

Until next time. . 

~Elizabeth and Ryan~

No comments:

Post a Comment