Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tisk, Tisk. . . or is it Tsk, Tsk? ;)

I think we are WELL overdue for a blog update!  A month!?  Really!? I thought it had only been two weeks!  Time has flown by since a lot of amazing things have happened! 

But let me update with you with the fabulous past year Ryan and I have had so far:

1. July 14, 2011:   Engaged!!  


2. July 15: Ryan took me on an amazing vacation to celebrate our engagement.  We went to Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida to visit our old stomping grounds and go to a Tampa Bay Rays game.  We then scurried off to Disney World for a few days!

Tampa Bay Rays game
Tropicana Field

Islands of Adventure. . . Universal
Disney World! :)
  3. Then I had the (what some said was easy) AWFUL gall bladder surgery.  Gallstones, gangrenous gall bladder. . it was time for it to come out!

Lovely, isn't it??  Right after coming out of surgery.  I was feeling pretty good at this point! ;)

4. Ryan got an amazing job!  But, that meant he moved from Myrtle Beach to Nashville!  So proud of him!

One of my many visits to Nashville.
And one of Ryan's many visits to Myrtle Beach. . on the Sky Wheel!

5. My Dad BEAT cancer!!!!  Went through 6 months of chemo. . but he did it!!


6.  Ryan and I got married. . you may now call me Mrs. Elizabeth Rishel. What an AMAZING day!!!


My handsome husband!!!

So excited!

I have never felt more beautiful.  This was the day I became forever his!


Someone else was excited too! ;)

I surprised Ryan before the ceremony!  What an AMAZING memory, experience, and the emotional aspect will be forever cherished!

7.  I finished another school year teaching! 

The 100th day of school!

The amazing K team I taught with!

Amazing co-workers at our wedding!
The AMAZING best friend, Emily, I gained from my teaching career in SC!!

8.  Moved to Nashville!! 

Our new home!  Made the wreath and added the "R" that was used in our wedding!

First weekend here. . .Mexican with Kayla and Dan!

9. My dad beat ANOTHER cancer scare!! :) :) :) The Thompson family is tough. . and blessed. . .and thankful!!



My brothers, Lake and Phillip, and my dad! :)


10.  And finally. . I took a new career path!!  I struggled for a few weeks on this decision as to what others would tell me to do and what I wanted for myself.  Finally made that courageous step into a new direction and unknown territory!  I am now a paralegal for a law firm in Nashville. . and crossing fingers on an opportunity to work with a wedding/event planning business part time here soon! Amazing what happens when you make a decision for yourself. . and how happy you become!

First day of a new career. . time to rock and roll! :)
Until next time. . . 

~Elizabeth and Ryan~

2 comments: