Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Whistle while you work

The boxes of paint have made their debut again!  I have gotten in my painting mode (it tends to come and go at times). . and I have taken our home and other projects by storm!  In the past I have painted signs for teachers and paintings for adorable little boys and girls.  Here are some of the things I have created:

18 x 24 Canvas made for a princess to go in her room!

Bulletin Board for Jack. . my little brother!  I ended up painting the cork board with chalkboard paint!

Classroom sign

Painting for our kitchen.

Classroom sign

A piece of plywood I painted and turned into a headboard.

Classroom sign

Classroom sign

Made for a sweet girl's bedroom.

Recently, we have created a few things for our home. . we have painted a rug, a table, and built/painted another table: Finally. . in so many ways! We also just spent the weekend sanding and painting a dresser to turn it into an entertainment center: Making it a home.  We are pretty proud of the dresser project!

I had a wonderful friend back home ask if I could paint her a sign for her classroom.  She was really the inspiration for getting my paints back out and loved her idea of a racing theme!  It is so unique! At least I had never heard of it before.  This is what I came up with for her 1st grade classroom:



 I can't wait to see a picture of it hanging next to her door or in her classroom!  I will be shipping it to her this week just in time for the new school year!

Now on to the home. . .

We have such a hard time picking out pictures for our home.  Ryan and I tend to agree to disagree on many decorations.  That is when I decided to buy a canvas and a few frames to create something for our home.  Ryan actually picked out the frames. . he really liked the wooden rustic look of them. . .and I did too!  :) 

Hello sunshine. . my only. . .



I have also started creating wreaths for our door!  I don't know about you, but it creates such a welcoming/happy feeling when you come home and you are "greeted" by something fun and creative hanging on your door!  It is your personal stamp on your home!

The wooden R is from our wedding! Our "everyday" wreath.

Our Halloween wreath!  A favorite for sure!

We are know trying to decide on a painting for our living room to hang near our new entertainment center!  We got the wooden/rustic frames to use in the living room also!  Can't wait to share with you our end result!

Until next time. . 

~Elizabeth and Ryan~

No comments:

Post a Comment