Friday, November 30, 2012

Saying goodbye to Nashville. . with Lions, Tigers, and Bears, OH MY!

Ryan and I decided to be tourist for a day and a night in Nashville before we left for Florida.  The best kind of day/night to have!!  Our day adventure began on a Saturday with perfect weather (in the upper 70's).  Perfect weather to go to Nashville Zoo.  I don't know who was more excited. . me or Ryan.  To this day, I am convinced it was Ryan. ;)

It had been a long time since either one of us had been to the zoo.  And it was a first for us because  we had never been to a zoo together! Oh it's the little things. . . . 

We quickly realized we were missing an "accessory" upon arriving to the zoo: a 2 year old. ;) But, I believe I was just as excited about some of the animals as my fellow 2 year old friends of the day.  The flamingos were my favorite!

Such a great day!
 

From what I understood, the Nashville Zoo is on a piece of land that use to be a family farm and this is the original house.  I was a history nerd and had to walk around, look, and read everything. 
SO cute!



So far away. :(

Just babies sleeping away.

Favorite of the day!  Stayed here watching them for about 30 minutes.  Ryan was excited. ;)







Our last Saturday in Nashville went to dinner with our great friends Kayla and Daniel Kennedy (the newlyweds!).  We then went to a tourist attraction I have been wanting to do since last Christmas: Opryland Hotel Christmas Lights.  I had no idea what to expect, but I was VERY excited to see the Christmas decorations and the hotel itself. 

Well, let me tell you, it did not disappoint!   The hotel itself was simply amazing!  Romantic balconies overlooking the "Opryland Village", a "river" that you can cruise along in a boat, restaurants, Shrek performance, an area that looks like an outdoor village with shopping, and of course all of the Christmas lights.  If you ever visit Nashville, I am convinced this is the place to stay!

Just take a look!









Love you, mean it!!








We left with great memories and can't wait to see our friends again!  Maybe they will want to come to Disney???

Until next time. . .

~Elizabeth and Ryan~

No comments:

Post a Comment