Friday, November 16, 2012

Yummy in my tummy. . Chocolate Chip Banana Bread



With Thanksgiving and Christmas approaching, it reminds me and brings back memories of the days I use to bake with my mother in the kitchen.  We certainly enjoyed our fair share of “taste testing”.  My all-time favorite thing my mother baked during this time of year was her chocolate chip banana bread.  Simply scrumptious!!!  

 I also think it is a great tradition to continue in the Rishel household.  To make sure I could bake this amazing chocolate chip banana bread as good as my mom, I gave it a test run this past weekend.  It was gone so fast, I almost forgot to get a picture of it completed! ;) I would love to share the recipe with you and urge you, better yet, TELL YOU, to try this recipe this holiday season!!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Oven: 350F

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups smashed, very ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup mini chocolate chips (I usually put in 1 1/2 cups)


1. Cream butter and sugar together.
 

2.        Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.



3.        Mix in the smashed bananas.



4.        Combine all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Then combine the dry ingredients into the batter alternately with the sour cream.  Nervous about using sour cream?  Go with low fat. . but remember, this is a yummy treat for you!

 
5.        Add the chocolate chips.  Some people like to add chopped walnuts also, but I prefer the bread with just the chocolate chips. I also added a cup and a half rather than just a cup of chocolate chips. YUM! Mix well!


6.        Pour into two greased 8x4 inch loaf pans.

7.        Bake for 45 minutes.  The top should be golden brown when done and a toothpick/fork comes out clean!


8.        ENJOY!!!  This bread is best when warm and paired with a glass of milk.


**TIP. . . you can freeze the bread for up to a week to enjoy later!  Great if you want to prepare ahead of time for a party, Thanksgiving, or Christmas gathering.

Let me know what you think if you try the recipe!  

Until next time. . . .

~Elizabeth and Ryan~  

No comments:

Post a Comment