Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Rishel's Halloween Decor

I am nerdy, crafty, and excited when it comes to holidays and decorating!  Being in a new home as a newly married couple, I was telling Halloween to bring it on!  While Ryan went out with the boys one night, I took full advantage and decorated. . and yes, it was September 29th!  My reason for decorating before it is even October you may ask?  It was the weekend before October 1st. . duh! ;)

Here is a glimpse into our home and what we did for Halloween:

 I know I have shown this wreath over and over. . but I LOVE it!!  A wreath to use for many years to come!


 We didn't carve a single pumpkin this year. . instead we painted pumpkins.  Although you can't really see it in the picture, we even added glitter to the purple polka dots.

 
 Welcome to the Rishel's!


 Bats galore!  This made our home very festive and made me get in the Halloween mood every time I walked in the door. I simply cut out the shape of bats with black scrapbooking paper, folded the wings, and "lightly" taped them to the wall.


MMMmmmm. .  Spice Pumpkin Yankee Candle!


Too cute!


And of course, we had to add a witch's hat! 


I found this at Tomlinson's.  I believe that is what it was called.  It is made to go outside your front door, but I thought it worked out perfect above our french doors to the balcony.


 Spooky pumpkin and two sparkly owls hanging around.  Most of you know how I am about owls!


 Sadly, one of the four plates broke in the move to Nashville.  BUT.. The bird, spider, and owl did survive.  They were partnered with a few spider webs this year!


To finish it off, we added a fall candle.  Which smelled WONDERFUL!

Thanks for taking a glimpse into our home!  Now that Halloween is over. . on to the next Holiday!  Which also means spending countless wonderful hours on pinterest and creating the decorations!

Until next time. . . .

~Elizabeth and Ryan~

No comments:

Post a Comment