Saturday, November 10, 2012

When You Wish Upon A Star

Well folks,

The box searching has begun, the tape is ripping and sticking, organizing is a priority, and the random assortment of "to do" sticky notes are beautifully decorating our home.  Well, our home for the next week!! You might as well call me a professional or maybe I can take on the career of getting others organized. . . eh, okay, maybe just the first part. ;)


We are SO very excited to announce that we are moving to the sunny state of Florida!  Orlando, Florida that is!



"Wait, what!? You just got to Nashville?!". . you may be thinking.  Well, yes, 6 months ago and Ryan over a year ago.   A move we did not get to make together as a married couple.  I was not able to join Ryan in Nashville until 8 months after he moved. . a month after we were married. Ugh! Tear! Awful!

Just a little background information on our journey as to why we are where we are today. I had the wonderful opportunity to teach back in South Carolina at a school near my hometown for 2 1/2 years.  I met some of the most amazing people, gained knowledge and strength within my teaching career, and a best friend I talk to daily.  

PJ Day at school.
Best friend!
Some of the amazing, beautiful, and lovely gals I met while teaching.  Love you, mean it!

Ryan joined me in SC after he graduated.  A year and a half later, he still couldn't find an engineering job on the Grand Strand.  I told him I could teach anywhere and to look where he can start his career.  Two weeks later, Ryan was in Nashville starting his new job. 

We were three months newly engaged and we pushed our wedding up by nearly a year.  A wedding that was planned with my love over 10 hours away.  Once again. . Ugh! Tear! Awful!  On a good note, I did have a great stand in for my cake testing. . My Dad! 


Fast forward time. . we had the most beautiful wedding, I finished out my school year, and a month later I was finally in Nashville.  I LOVE teaching, but I also wanted to dip my toes in something else while I had the opportunity.  I began working for a law office in Nashville.  I can honestly say I have "thicker" skin, and I have learned A LOT about law and people in law.  I have also learned my true calling is being a teacher.  So, the process of looking for a teaching job began full force.




  Then the curve ball. Ryan was contacted by one of the top 10 engineering firms in the United States in our dream state of Florida (jumping excessively up and down occurred, but not too much in case it didn't happen).  With me just starting to make my transition into teaching again, I told Ryan this is the time to pursue this opportunity.  Three interviews later and a flight out to Orlando, Ryan landed the job!  Talk about being a proud and excited wife!

Being very thankful and fortunate, my family started taking me to Disney World at the age of 5.  I have been a few times as an adult.  Ryan and I also traveled to Disney to celebrate our engagement!  After experiencing the most magical place on earth 28 times, I know to take your own lunch into the park, eat breakfast in the hotel room, the best, and yet, affordable place to stay in Disney, how to get around the park without a map, and you ALWAYS ride the rides while the parade is going on due to majority of the crowd watching, not riding.




I have family that lives in Florida, you have beautiful weather majority of the year, and Ryan and I have always talked about raising a family in Florida.  I guess wishes do come true.  Now, if Mickey will help a friend out, and help me land that perfect teaching job! 

In a week we will be spending our Thanksgiving in our new home, my mother and the crew will be there for a week to help us settle, and we will have the excitement of Ryan beginning his new job! 
 
We have so much to be thankful for and we can't wait to share our discoveries and adventures as the Rishel's. . . in Orlando, Florida!

Until next time. . . 

~Elizabeth and Ryan~

No comments:

Post a Comment